Home » The Whalie Awards
The Whalie Awards
The Whalie Awards are the New London equivalent of the Grammys. A full-on event incorporating the glitz and glamour that comes with your typical award show, and features over 30 awards. WailingCity.com is proud to host the voting for the "People's Choice" awards portion of the Whalies!
The 5th annual Whalie Awards will take place on June 14, 2014, at The Hygienic Art Park at 7pm, with pre-show red carpet special starting at 6pm. Hosted by Sean Murray.
YOU ARE HERE:
Whalie Submission Guidelines 2014
There are two different kinds of awards:
People’s Choice Awards are awarded to an artist/band. Nominations are based on the artist’s activity (releases, live shows, promotional activity) over the last year. The nominations are listed online at wailingcity.com/vote and won by popular vote.
Critics Choice Awards are based on individual recordings. These include Album & Song of the Year, as well as the best performances (song & album) by genre. They are awarded by a committee of non-biased music industry pros and not by popular vote.
submissions must be works officially released within the February 1,
2013 -January 31, 2014 time period. There is no submission fee to be
included in The Whalies.
All submissions must be received before February 15.
All submissions must be created by artists/acts (at least 2/3 of the members) that live in New London County. We are not able to include any artists outside this geographic area, so please make sure you are a New London County artist before you submit. Here is a map of New London County:
2014 Whalie Awards will take place on June 14 at the Hygienic Art
Park, 79 Bank Street, New London. (There is a cover charge for the
ceremony for everyone regardless of nomination).
Email all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not include all the necessary items, we cannot guarantee that your music will be included in the nominations. By submitting, you give us permission to use your music, video and images for press and other uses related to The Whalie Awards. Your content will not be reproduced or sold in any way.
1. Your Band Info: Name of your band, member’s names and instrumentation, and a short bio.
2. Your Music: We prefer to receive music in a digital MP3 form. If you are having a hard time doing so,please email us. If your music is on Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or another streaming service, we will accept a link, but we prefer MP3s. If you are sending a full album, please consider zipping the files and sending them, or uploading the album to a service like Dropbox or YouSendIt.
3. Your Videos (if applicable):There are a pair of awards given out in the music video category. If you have released one within the dates of eligibility, please include the link to theYouTube, Vevo or other streaming service.
4. Your Images: Include a high resolution (300dpi) photo, preferably landscape, for use in our video segments of the ceremony, as well as for any press leading up to the event.Hint: The better the pictures, the more likely they will be used for press and other promotional materials.
5. Your Links: Please include links to your website, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media pages that you use to promote your music. We will list them with your profile information when the nominations go out.
5. Your Genre: Please choose the genre that most closely fits your style of music.
ALTERNATIVE INDIE POP INDIE ROCK ROCK PUNK GARAGE FOLK / BLUEGRASS ALTERNATIVE FOLK ROOTS ROCK BLUES / COUNTRY ROCK HARD ROCK / METAL EXPERIMENTAL URBAN ALTERNATIVE HIP HOP /R&B REGGAE / SKA SINGER /SONGWRITER LIVEDJ RADIO DJ/SHOW MUSIC SERIES
The Whalie Awards reserves the right to adjust theses categories as necessary based on final submissions received from all acts.
6. If you are applying to be considered for Live DJ, Radio DJ/Show or Music Series, please send us as much of the above items that pertain to you.
Things to Remember
This is run by volunteers whose sole purpose is to share and promote the incredible music community we have in NL County. If you’d like to volunteer, please stop in and talk with Rich or Daphne at The Telegraph, or Sean at The Oasis.
Tell your friends and fans about it, get people involved, like it, share it.
Our online homes are:
and www.wailingcity.com/thewhalieawards (you are here)
WHALIE / WailingCity.com
Site hits (first full day of voting):
Total amount of valid votes:
2013 PICS & WINNERS
2012 PICS & WINNERS
2011 PICS & WINNERS
2010 PICS & WINNERS
Mar 12 2014, at 7:00 pm
Mar 13 2014, at 12:00 pm
[LIVE LUNCH BREAK] Straight To VHS
Mar 13 2014, at 7:00 pm
Mar 13 2014, at 7:00 pm
Vince Thompson and friends
Mar 13 2014, at 7:30 pm
Richard Thompson: Solo Acoustic Tour
Mar 14 2014, at 7:00 pm
The Hoolios (acoustic)
Mar 14 2014, at 7:30 pm
Noah Preminger Quartet
Mar 14 2014, at 8:00 pm
Royal Southern Brotherhood
Mar 14 2014, at 8:00 pm
John Fries Band
Mar 14 2014, at 9:00 pm
Steve Broderick & the 100 Watt Suns